hotel Sevlievo Plaza - Sevlievo
hotel Sevlievo Plaza - Sevlievo
About the hotel: Sevlievo Plaza Hotel is the winner of Hotel of 2001 award of the Bulgarian Hotel and Restaurant Association.The modern hotel is a place preferred not only by the guests of the town and the region but also by the business appreciating its conference and business meetings facilities.
Number of rooms: 49
Address: Sevlievo, 6 Svoboda sqr.
In hotel: Air conditioning, 24-hour front desk, Parking, Restaurant, Room service, Day Bar, Dry cleaning, Non-smoking rooms
In room: Air conditioning, Bathroom, Bathtub, Minibar, Telephone, TV, Satelite TV
Places to see nearby» Nunnery Presentation of the Blessed Virgin - Batos
Nunnery Presentation of the Blessed Virgin - Batos
The village of Batoshevo is located in the north-eastern slopes of the Razlatitza massif, in the Middle Predbalkan mountain. It is situated 15 km away from the town of Sevlievo, 25 km away from the town of Gabrovo, and some 170 km away from the capital city of Sofia. The nunnery Blessed Virgin is in the very center of the village. Nobody knows exactly when it was founded. What we know from history is that it was burnt down in 1674, and restored two centuries later- in 1872, by Minyu Prokopiev, who turned it into a “family monastery”, in which the first nun was one of his daughters – Maria. Between the ‘40s of the XIX century and the beginning of the XX century, the monastery existed as a convent, afterwards it became a monastery. It consists of a church, built in 1905, and some residential and farm buildings. The church preserves icons painted by Stanislav Dospevski. The monastery is also related to the preparation of the April Uprising in 1876. Nowadays, it is constantly operating. It has been proclaimed monument of culture.
Batshevski male monastery Assumption of Holy Mary
According to the famous Batoshevski superscription (1246-1256) found in the monastery in 1836 and kept in the Bulgarian National Archeological Museum in Sofia, the cloister was established and built on the coast of Rositza river in XІІІ century, the time of king Mihail ІІ Asen. It was destroyed almost completely following Bulgaria’s occupation by the Turks. It was restored in 1809. In 1835, a monk named Isai settled in it, who asked the Turkish authorities to allow him to restore the sacred cloister. With the help of patriotic citizens from Sevlievo and over the guidance of master Konstantin from Peshtera, the monastery church was built for a record-short period of time – only 164 days. The large wood-carved iconostasis and the icons, pained by Tzanyu Zahariev, one of the most prominent representatives of the Tryavna art school, which are kept in the monastery, are a treasure of Bulgarian national art. In 1876, the monastery was burnt down and restored again following Bulgaria’s Liberation. During the Bulgarian National Revival period, one of the first secular schools was founded here. The monastery has been proclaimed a monument of culture.
Customers looked at this hotel: 2978
Four-stars hotel in Sevlievo
In hotel: Air conditioning | 24-hour front desk | Parking | Restaurant | Room service | Day Bar | Dry cleaning | Non-smoking rooms |
In room: Air conditioning | Bathroom | Bathtub | Minibar | Telephone | TV | Satelite TV |
Show nearest hotels in Sevlievo