Park-hotel Kaylaka - Pleven
Park-hotel Kaylaka - Pleven
About the hotel: The hotel is located in Kaylaka Park in the town of Pleven. The comfort and the piece of nature and its proximity to the town make the hotel a suitable venue for business meetings, seminars and conferences, as well as for vacations and holidays.
Number of rooms: 105
Address: Pleven, Kaylaka resor
In hotel: Air conditioning, 24-hour front desk, Parking, Restaurant, Room service, Day Bar, Dry cleaning, Non-smoking rooms
In room: Air conditioning, Bathroom, Bathtub, Minibar, Telephone, TV, Satelite TV
Places to see nearby» The Pleven Epopee
The Pleven Epopee
Notably popular and permanently stored in the memory of the Nation are the military operations in the suburbs of Pleven in 1877, known as the Pleven Epopee. This was the place where a great number of military forces were involved in large and very important hostilities. The allied Russian-Roumanian army reached the number of 130 thousand people and that of the Turkish army - 67 thousand people. The military operations in the suburbs of Pleven were held into two stages. The first (July 19 - September 12, 1877) was determined by the efforts of the Russian army to seize the town striking a front blow on and directly attacking the Turkish positions. The second stage (September 13 - December 10, 1877) in which the Russian army was under the leadership or the military engineer- general Totleben, marked the beginning of the siege of Pleven and the total blockade of Osman Pasha army within the town of Pleven. These operations resulted in the absolute defeat and the unconditional surrender of the Turkish army. The battle victory in Pleven and the capture of Osman Pasha army appeared to be of crucial importance for the further successful outcome of the war. <br />In token of gratitude towards the victims of the war and those more than 30 thousand killed and injured soldiers of the Russian army and 45 hundred soldiers of the Roumanian army who sacrificed their lives for the liberation of Pleven, the grateful people built over 140 monuments, museums and mausoleums in the centre and the vicinity of Pleven. The most attractive one is the "Pleven Epopee 1877" Panorama. <br /><br />
The remains of the Storgozia fortress are located in the Kaylaka park near the town of Pleven. These lands were inhabited as early as II – I millennium BC. Later on, they were conquered by the Romans, who decided to build their road station and fortress here, and named it Storgozia. According to archeologists, the fortress was built in the late antiquity – somewhere between IV and VI century. It covers an area of 31 decares. The name of the fortress gave the name of the whole town, which continued to be called Storgozia for centuries. The current name of the town – Pleven, was first mentioned in a document in 1266. Nowadays, some parts of the fortress have been preserved and restored – the fortifying system, an early Christian basilica, and a Horeum. The basilica is 45 m long and 22 m wide. It is with a nave and two aisles, three-apse, and has a colonnade on its southern side. <br /><br />
December 10 - Pleven Public Holiday
The earliest traces of life and human activity around these lands date back to the end of 5-th millennium BC. Numerous archeological finds are the proof for the high material and spiritual culture of Thracians who dwelled in these areas for millenniums. Among them is the biggest golden treasure ever discovered in Bulgaria – the Valchi Tran treasure. At the beginning of the new era these lands became part of the Roman Empire . On the way from Eskus to Philipopolis at today's Pleven is build the Roman road station “Storgoziya” and later on a fortress with the same name. One of the most valuable archeological monuments is the early Christian basilica of IV century, the second largest in Bulgaria after the Tsars basilica in Pliska. During the Medieval Ages the settlement was a strong fortress. During that time the Slavs gave the present name of the town – Pleven. During the Renaissance the first secular girls' school opened gates in the town and Bulgaria. In the progress of the Russian-Turkish liberation war Pleven gained a strategic importance and focused the attention of the world public for 5 months. Huge military troops of the two Empires were concentrated around the town. The outcome of the War was decided here. On 10 December 1877 the Russian army defeated and captured the army of Ossman pasha. The day was chosen as Pleven’s official holiday.
The Belenski Bridge is located 1 km away from the town of Byala, Rousse region, on the road connecting Pleven and Rousse. It crosses the Yantra river. It was built by the great master Kolyu Ficheto between 1865 and 1867 by the order of Mithad Pasha. It is one of the most impressive architectural monuments from the period of the Bulgarian National Revival. It is 276 m long and 9 m wide. It has 14 arches, decorated with sculptures of animal heads. It is made of carved stone and lime plaster. Part of the bridge was carried away in a flood in 1897. Later, in 1922–1923, the bridge was restored, but in disharmony with the old part. Nowadays, the bridge is closed to vehicles. There is a monument to the Great Master on the left bank in front of the bridge. <br /><br />
Regional Museum of History - Pleven
Pleven Regional Historical Museum is a scientific and educational institution. It carries out its activities related to finding, studying, exhibiting, preserving and promoting cultural and historical monuments, nature samples, the flora and the fauna on the territory of Pleven region, where important archeological sites have been found - the Roman town Ulpia Oescus near the village of Gigen, late-antique and early Byzantine fortress Storgozia, near the town of Pleven, the medieval Bulgarian fortress in Nikopol. The profile of the museum is general history with a natural science section. Its structure includes the following specialized departments and units: Archeology, History of Bulgaria 15 – 19th c., Modern history, Ethnography, Nature, Stocks and scientific records, Public relations, Studio for restoration and conservation, Photo-laboratory, Library. The museum and the museum stocks are situated in an impressive two-story building - a monument of culture having national significance, on an area of 7000 square meters and a park with an exposition in the open on an area of 37 decares. The basic museum stock contains over 180 000 museum items. The specialized museum library has more than 10 000 volumes of scientific literature and periodicals. Since 1976, together with the museums of Vratsa, Vidin and Montana, Pleven museum has participated in the publication of an annual collection of works- Bulletin of the museums in Northwest Bulgaria, of which 27 volumes have been published so far.
Customers looked at this hotel: 4223
Four-stars hotel in Pleven
In hotel: Air conditioning | 24-hour front desk | Parking | Restaurant | Room service | Day Bar | Dry cleaning | Non-smoking rooms |
In room: Air conditioning | Bathroom | Bathtub | Minibar | Telephone | TV | Satelite TV |
Show nearest hotels in Pleven