hotel Noviz - Plovdiv
hotel Noviz - Plovdiv
About the hotel: NOVIZ Hotel is located in the very heart of Plovdiv, just at the foot of one of the seven Plovdiv hills - the Bunardjik Park. The Central railway station, the International Fair, the Old Town and downtown Plovdiv are easily accessible from here.
Number of rooms: 20
Address: Plovdiv, 55 Russki blvd.
In hotel: Κλιματισμός, Υποδοχή 24 ώρες, Ανελκυστήρας, Χώρος στάθμευσης, Εστιατόριο, Room service, Ημερήσια bar, Αίθουσες, Business center, Shops and commercial services, Solarium, Σάουνα/Ατμόλουτρο, Μασάζ, Εσωτερική πισίνα, Ironing, Dry cleaning, Laundry service, Ενοικιάσεις αυτοκινήτων, Currency exchange, Safety deposit box, Pet επιτρέπεται, Δωμάτια για μη καπνιστές
In room: Κλιματισμός, Μπαλκόνι, Bathroom, Bathtub, Σεσουάρ, Μίνιμπαρ, Ψυγείο, Τηλέφωνο, Internet access, TV, Satelit TV, Ασφαλής
Season: All seasons
Check-in time after 14:00
Check-out time before 12:00
We will hold your booking until 24:00
In cases, when the hotel refuses to provide the service for your reservation upon arrival after confirmed booking, PS TOUR Ltd. is obliged to to offer you an alternative of comparable parameters.
Ερωτήσεις και περισσότερες πληροφορίες
Εάν έχετε ερωτήσεις κατά τη διάρκεια της διαδικασίας κράτησης και, μη διστάσετε να επικοινωνήσετε μαζί μας στη τηλ.: +359 700 11 881 (09:00-17:30 -Δευτέρα-Παρασκευή), skype: ok-booking, email@example.com
PS Tour Ltd., Bourgas 8000, 1, Al. Veliki Str.
Places to see nearby» September 6 - Plovdiv public holiday
September 6 - Plovdiv public holiday
Plovdiv, given different names during the centuries, has witnessed the history of the region and the Balkan Peninsula. It still keeps the ruins reminding of the Thracians, the Romans, the Slavs, the Bulgarian State, the Byzantines and the Turks. In 342 BC the town was conquered by Philip II of Macedon, father of Alexander of Macedon, and named Philipopolis.The founder of the town placed a strong garrison in it and made it a centre of Thracia. In the middle of 1st century AD Philipopolis was seized by the Romans and was incorporated into the Roman Empire, hence the Roman name of the town -Trimontium ('the town on the three hills'). During the 2nd-3rd century AD Trimontium became the metropolis of the large province Thracia Romana and had its own Senate. At the end of the 4th century, Trimontium was included into the boundaries of the Eastern Roman Empire - Byzantium. During the 6th century Slavs settled down there. After the foundation of the Bulgarian State in 681, Plovdiv was a border town for a long period, frequently changing its sovereigns. In 1364 the Turks invaded Plovdiv and gave it a new name-Philibe. Being on the threshold of the Orient, the city turned into a busy centre of trade and handicrafts, along with Istanbul, Thessaloniki and Edirne. In the 19th century the city was the centre of the Bulgarian Renaissance. After the Liberation of Bulgaria for a short period of time Plovdiv was capital of the autonomous province Eastern Rumelia, which, after Bulgaria’s reunion in 1885, became a part of united Bulgaria. In the 20th century Plovdiv became the second most significant economic and cultural centre in Bulgaria.
The Plovdiv Forum Complex
A new city structure plan was prepared for Plovdiv, then known as Philipopolis, not later than in 1 century AD. The city was planned to have a center after the Roman pattern, which was discovered in the 70s of XX century in the heart of Plovdiv. Situated on both sides of the Central Post Office, the forum complex consists of two parts – the Ancient Forum and the Odeum. The Forum is the biggest forum complex on the territory of Bulgaria. The administrative, economic, cultural and religious life was focused on it. Meetings, debates, celebrations, state doings took place on the Forum. The Odeum is situated in the Northwest corner of the complex. The Ancient Odeum with its 300-350 seats, is one of the latest archaeological findings in Plovdiv. It posses all elements of a covered theatrical building and has performed as a site for the city council of Philipopolis. During its exploration the archaeologists discovered marble fragments from the building, signing from a pedestal of an imperial statue, a gallery with preserved ancient walls, original marble semi-pylons, as well as 87 silver coins, most probably hidden during the Gothic Invasion.
Roman Stadium - Plovdiv
The magnificent Roman Stadium in Plovdiv is located in the very heart of the city, under the modern shopping center. Its rostrums were built over the Sahat tepe and Taxim tepe (“tepe” is a Turkish word, meaning “hill”) during II century. It reproduces the layout of the stadium in Delphi, Greece, and the marble seats accommodated 30 000 spectators of games and gladiator fights. The stadium has the form of horseshoe and is 180 meters long. Some archeologists think that the first games were organized here during the ruiling of emperor Septimus Severus, which is as early as 193-211. The flashiest competitions were the Alexandrian games, which were organized following the model of the Greek Olympic games. The main sport disciplines were the throwing of disk and spear, running, jumping, fighting, shooting. The games were held once each 4 years and continued for a few days.
The Red Church
One of the most remarkable architectural masterpieces of the early 4th century A.D. is the so-called Red Church. Its remains raise about 15 km southwestern direction of Plovdiv, near the small town of Perushtitza. The central and highest part of the church is the four-semi-domed hall, whose huge dome was highly erected. The Red Church was built next to an old heathen sanctuary nearby the key main roads leading from Thrace to the White Sea and from Constantinople to Western Europe. It is believed that its place was connected to a popular Christian cult to the martyrs. Archeologists believe that once it waas a huge church with luxuriously decorated walls and stunning marble floors – a very refined church, described nowadays as one of the masterpieces of the early Christian architecture in Europe. The nice frescoes in the church were of the greatest interest.
Botev Peak is at 2,376 m above sea level, the highest peak of the Balkan Mountains It is located close to the geographic centre of the country, and is part of the Central Balkan National Park.
Belentash – Rhodopi mountain
The rock massif Belentash is situated some 60 km away from the city of Plovdiv, near the villages of Vrata and Sini Vrah in the Rhodopi mountain. It is a rock plateau, 300 m in length, 35-45 m in width and 50 m in height. The upper platform of the rock is absolutely flat and smooth, as though it has been cut with a knife. There are weird pits and channels in it, which form the map of the starry sky and the constellations. There are also three wells cut into the plateau, which are absolutely smooth regular cylinders. Many myths and mystical stories are being told about Belentash. The name of the rock is of Turkic language origin, and means “smart rock” or “the rock of knowledge”. People think that once this place was one of the big ancient Thracian sanctuaries in the Rhodopi mountain. A unique silver plate with the face of god Sabasius has been discovered in the region of Belentash. Scientists believe that somewhere in the rock the ancient library containing the knowledge of the ancient Thracians is hidden.
Ancient Theater in Plovdiv
Built in 2 century A.D. under Emperor Trajan, the theater was one of the most significant public edifices of Trimontium, remarkable for its architecture and splendor. The remains of the theater were found occasionally during fortifications, and the excavation, executed by the Plovdiv Museum of Archeology, lasted from 1968 until 1979. The seats are arranged in tiers in two rings of 14 rows each. The theater has a capacity of 7,000 seats. The names of the quarters of the city are cut into the benches of each sector and each spectacular knew his place in the respective sector. The stage has two levels and reveals the architectural and decorative opulence of the building. The high-quality materials and the artistic performance prove the huge significance of the theater. Included within the Ancient Plovdiv architectural reserve, today the theater is the most emblematic monument of the cultural and historical continuity of Trimontium during the centuries. Born again, it is a spiritual center of the city, where the contemporary culture meets the everlasting values of the past. The theater is open constantly. This Plovdiv’s symbol is still an art stage – various festivals are held here regularly.
Dantchov's House – Plovdiv
The Dantchov's House is located in the Old Plovdiv and is a national monument of culture. The House was restored using authentic technologies within the frameworks of a joint project of the Koblenz Chamber of skilled crafts, Germany and the municipality of Plovdiv. This project, as well as all the Chamber’s events in Bulgaria and on the entire Balkan Peninsula, are financed by the German Federal Ministry of Cooperation. After completing the restoration works in the spring of 2001 the Danchov’s House gradually turned into a Center for consultancy, information and documents in the sphere of protection of cultural monuments. With the cooperation of the National Crafts Chamber, the Plovdiv Regional Crafts Chamber and the National Union of the Restorers and Conservators a wider concept for the use of the Danchov’s House as a Balkan Design Center is developed. The municipal institute Old Plovdiv is an important partner from Bulgaria. As of March this year an office of the Bureau of Middle Class Support was opened as coordinator of the activities in the region.
Narechen Mineral Baths
The balneological resort Narechenski Baths is located some 42 km southern direction from Plovdiv and 59 km northern direction from Smolian, at an altitude of 640 m in the small defile of Asenitsa River in the Middle Rhodope Mountain. About 1200 people live in the village. The resort is known for the mineral springs – clear, colorless, odorless, hypothermal, low mineralized, and having temperature about 30-31°C, moderately hard, and with good drinking and taste characteristics. The baths are located at the left bank of the Chepelarska River. A few mineral springs are found here. The main spring that supplies the bath with mineral water is located not far away in northern direction at the slope of the hill. The second spring – Solenoto izvorche (the Salty Spring) is further, and higher than the first, in southwestern direction. One of the springs is used for eye illnesses , and has higher radioactivity and lower temperature. The mineral water is really useful for healing and prevention of nervous breakdowns.
The late antique residential building Eirene (EIPHNH in Greek) in Plovdiv was found during archeological excavations in 1883-1984. The residential building Eirene is a monument of culture of national and world importance. This is one of the most impressive buildings in the ancient Philipopolis and has had a central place among the explored private buildings in the ancient town. Eirene operated in 3rd-4th century, and has probably been the residence of a prominent citizen of Philipopolis who professing the early Christianity. The building has two detached parts - a household and a representative one. In the representative part the premises were situated surrounding an inner yard with colonnade, and later – an apse with a mosaic floor was added to one of them. The representative character and the guests welcome nature of building is evidenced by the mosaic parts spread on an area of 160 sq.m and the inscriptions in them, as well as the big premise with female sculpture and the inscription EIPHNH. The female bust was made out with the opus vermiculatum tehnique. The inscription EIPHNH – Peace, points that this is the Greek goddess who personified peace representative mythology – Eirene, honoured by the central authority in Athens and Rome.
Snejanka peak (Snow white peak)
In the heart of the Rhodope mountains, at the distance of 260 km. to the south - east from Sofia, 85 km. south of Plovdiv and just 15 km. away of Smolyan, is located one of the most beautiful and magnificent Bulgarian peaks - Snejanka. With its 1926 meters it is the highest peak in Pamporovo ski-resort. The sunny days here are more than 240 and the climate is mild. The average annual temperature is 8.5 Celsius degrees and the thickness of the snow is between 140 – 150 meters. There are a lot of ski tracks, which are very tempting for the ski lovers. There are also a few seated–lifts at the Snejanka’s slopes. Also the tourist can use and the ski–drags. In the summer time, Snejanka peak will welcome you with sunny sky, and incredible slopes with wide herbs and flowers, fresh air, and fragrance of pine. The average temperature during the summer is about 18 Celsius degrees – perfect place for refreshment in the hot summer days. The high TV and radio transmission tower on the Snejanka Peak with a panorama cafe where the whole resort can be views in a clear day can be reached by chair lift.
The Roman Stadium in Plovdiv
The Roman Stadium in Plovdiv is lying under the trading centre of the city, west of the Dzhumaya Mosque. It was built in the 2 A.D. like the stadium in Delphi. The ancient sports facility has the shape of a horseshoe, with 250 m length and 74 m width. The seats are for 30 000 people, arranged in 14 marble rows, which indicates what the size of the city was in the past. The most interesting competitions were the Pitian and the Aleksandrian Games, organized on the model of the old Greek Olympic Games. The basic events were discus and spear throwing, race, jumps, wrestling and shooting. The Games took place every 4 years and continued several days. In the end of the IV century the Stadium was used as a race course, because Emperor Teodosius I forbade the athletic games. Today the ancient sports facility is one of the many sight-seeings from Roman time in Plovdiv.
The Oslekova house
The Oslekova house is in the town of Koprivshtitsa. It is one of the most important monuments of the Bulgarian Revival architecture. It was built in 1856 by the rich merchant Nencho Oslekov. Its construction is work of master-builders from the Smolyan School. The house is famous for its beautiful wall-paintings and wood-carvings. In the past the owner of the house was responsible for the collecting of the tax for the small farm animals. The cloths and the mantles of the Koprivshtitsa rebels for the April uprising were made in the large hall of the house. Because of his activity Nencho Osekov was seized after the defeat of the uprising and hung in Plovdiv in June 27, 1876. The Oslekova house became an ethnographic museum in 1956. A lot of objects, connected with the daily life of the old people from Koprivshtitsa, collections of women ornaments and fine laces, made of horse-hair are exhibited there.
International Fair Plovdiv
The history of Plovdiv Fair begins with the First Bulgarian Exhibition of Agriculture and Industry held in 1892. Plovdiv Fair was accepted as a member of UFI – the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry – in 1936. Since 2003 it has been a member of CEFA – the Central Europe Fair Alliance. The Fairground in Plovdiv is the largest one in South-Eastern Europe. The modern exhibition complex is located fn an area of 360 000 sq. m and it has 24 multifunctional pavilions of various sizes and configurations. Around 8000 companies from over 60 countries participate annually in the fairs and specialized exhibitions organized by International fair – Plovdiv. The program covers key industries of Bulgarian economy: agriculture, food processing industry, consumer goods and technologies, investment goods, machine engineering, information technologies, chemistry, energy, ecology, construction, education, tourism, etc.
The Rennaissance town of Old Plovdiv was built during the 19th century. Today it has survived as a unique architectural ensemble on the three hills. Its houses reveal the remarkable urban culture of Bulgarian builders, as well as their sense of harmony and their creative power. The brilliant architecture with its noble, stylish simplicity could be called rightfully the Baroque of Plovdiv. The Bulgarian people have always been proud that Old Plovdiv was restored and preserved as a large open museum in order to stay for future generations. Today Old Plovdiv is an autonomous area within the modern town with a municipality of its own. It is declared an architectural museum reserve with over 150 monuments of culture - buildings from the National Revival period.
Customers looked at this hotel: 11149
Four-stars hotel in Plovdiv
Location: City |
Season: All seasons |
Location: City |
In hotel: Κλιματισμός | Υποδοχή 24 ώρες | Ανελκυστήρας | Χώρος στάθμευσης | Εστιατόριο | Room service | Ημερήσια bar | Αίθουσες | Business center | Shops and commercial services | Solarium | Σάουνα/Ατμόλουτρο | Μασάζ | Εσωτερική πισίνα | Ironing | Dry cleaning | Laundry service | Ενοικιάσεις αυτοκινήτων | Currency exchange | Safety deposit box | Pet επιτρέπεται | Δωμάτια για μη καπνιστές |
In room: Κλιματισμός | Μπαλκόνι | Bathroom | Bathtub | Σεσουάρ | Μίνιμπαρ | Ψυγείο | Τηλέφωνο | Internet access | TV | Satelit TV | Ασφαλής |
Season: All seasons |
Show nearest hotels in Plovdiv